Inspired Outcomes Consulting is a business coaching and consulting business built on the desire to have a positive impact.
I’m Shannyn Merlo, the Founder of Inspired Outcomes Consulting, and I’ve seen the good, bad and the ugly of work environments. Having experienced the difference, I know the impact that a great organisation has on individual and organisational health, happiness and productivity. That’s why Inspired Outcomes exists; to change the world, one small business at a time.
I draw on over 20 years of experiences from diverse roles in management, marketing, project and operations management in a variety of industries, including NGOs, sport, technology, education and financial services. This background is the foundation of the strategic and creative problem solving that I use to address challenges. As a human behavioural specialist and intuitive leader, I focus on how to think innovatively to change reality. There is nothing up my sleeve; I’m authentic, and as a human, I am flawed. Overriding all of this is my drive to create positive changes in people’s lives.
Work With Us Pledge
When you work with Inspired Outcomes Consulting, as one of our valued clients, as our team member or a trusted referral partner, you must support these foundation philosophies of how we work. If not, our relationship won’t work, and that’s OK, no one matches everyone all the time!
- We promise to talk it out. We will communicate openly, honestly, with authenticity and respect. We never shy away from awkward conversations.
- We play to our strengths and improve our weaknesses. This means we seek support where we are not skilled, or we make concerted efforts to up-skill ourselves.
- Everything is in our client’s best interests always. We believe that everything should have a return on investment and that simplicity is best. Our integrity means we only make recommendations for products, services or organisational changes based on our client’s desired outcomes. We don’t sell or buy what doesn’t add value.
- We promise to have a positive impact on each other’s journey in business and life. We don’t take business discussions personally, and we don’t make it personal.
- We promise a commitment to justice, the equal treatment of individuals, tolerance for and acceptance of diversity.
- We will abide by laws, rules and regulations relating to our business and personal activities.
- We protect and build our organisation’s reputation and the morale of our team by living our highest values and standards and treating ourselves and others with respect.
- We take 100% responsibility for our actions. We accept personal accountability for the moral and ethical quality of our decisions and omissions to ourselves, our clients, colleagues and communities.
- We respect everyone’s greatness, uniqueness, talents, fears and insecurities. We commit to being open-minded, considerate, compassionate benevolent and kind.
- We promise to have a good time while we get sh1t done.
A BETTER LEADER
“I soon realised the value that she provides as both a business owner, but also as a business coach.
It didn’t take long for Shannyn to realise that I needed to work on personal development before I could work on the business, which I believe helped me to grow as a leader in preparation for the business growth that was inevitable.
Shannyn comes with a kit-bag full of tools that I regularly use, both personally, and with our team.”
In addition to education on core business fundamentals, Shannyn helped reconcile a dissonance I had between my personal values and business requirements. We did this by defining core business values, creating a decision-making framework based on these values and then implementing business values in operations.
The work I’ve done with Shannyn has definitely helped me make better business decisions and establish The right people in the business, the best procedures/processes, and the best strategy for employee management (hours, incentives, etc.).
Absolutely I’d 100% recommend Shannyn, and think she could work with any business and industry.”
What makes Shannyn special: “She’s extremely open-minded, and her set of skills and vast store of knowledge are extremely fundamental and adaptable to just about any business. If I had to choose, I’d say that because of her more personal and hands-on approach, she’d probably be the best fit for small and medium businesses. She’s very intuitive, a great communicator, and very emotionally aware, which makes her perfect to deal with human, cultural and other emotionally sensitive issues…. There’s a couple of things I especially like about working with Shannyn: She’s really involved and goes very in-depth into the issues, and asks a lot of questions. She offers radically different perspectives and lenses for resolving challenges with staff and people outside the business.
She’s very efficient with communication without taking us space on my head.